Our Law Office Helps People Injured by: 18 Wheeler Accidents Involving Serious Injuries & Death
As Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers who have handled injury cases since the mid 1990’s, our Auto Accident Attorneys recommend the following actions after an automobile accident:
Keep in mind that people who drive for a living must keep their license and insurance in order to continue driving for a living. In other words, they must keep a clean driving record in order to keep getting a paycheck. This leads to people being less than honest about how accidents happen.
Things to do if you have been in an accident with a commercial vehicle:
At the accident scene:
1. Get the police to the scene
2. If there are people who may be hurt:
a. Get the injured people to the hospital or doctor. Arrange transportation or get an ambulance.
b. Let the police officer at scene know about injury.
c. Do what the treating physicians and personnel tell you to do.
3. Don’t move your vehicle unless it is a hazard to other vehicles. Leave the debris where it is until the police get there and can complete their investigation.
4. Only talk to the officer, physician, your own insurer, and your attorney about what happened.
5. Take notes regarding what people said at the scene, especially if the other driver(s) made any statement that you felt was an admission of fault.
6. Get insurance information, including name, address, phone, policy number for other driver(s).
7. If any witnesses, get their information (name, address, phone number(s)).
8. If other person may be intoxicated, let the police know your suspicions.
If you are no longer at the accident scene:
9. Call an experienced lawyer to help you.
10. Report the accident to your own insurance company.
11. Take pictures of your car, and its damage.
12. If you develop pain after leaving the scene, see your doctor, or if severe pain, go to the emergency room.